Prepping Your Nails
- Remove any nail polish that you have on your nails with nail polish remover and cotton swabs.
- Trim your nails if necessary and file the edges and any rough spots on the top of your nail.
- Push your cuticles back. You can do this with your fingernails or with a cuticle tool, if you have one.
Finding Your Nail Art
- Begin looking through old magazines for words and/or pictures that are small enough to fit on your nails. The words can be put on the nail at an angle to make it easier to find words that will fit.
- Cut the words and/or pictures that you like that will fit on your nail out and set them to the side.
- Make sure that you cut out enough words and/or pictures for all of your nails plus a few more just in case some get ruined while you try to place them on your nail or you find that they don’t fit.
Applying the Nail Art
- Begin by painting two coats of whatever color your would like on your nails. Make sure that you allow the first coat of the colored nail polish to dry completely before applying the second coat.
- Apply the words and/or pictures that you have chosen onto your nails while the second coat of color is still tacky. Using tweezers to help you to position the little pieces of paper will make this process easier, and pushing the pieces down with toothpicks will allow you to tack them on to your nail without smudging the surrounding polish.
- Paint a clear top coat on all of your nails carefully so as not to pull of the decals that you have just put down. You can use the toothpicks to get ride of any air bubbles that you may find under the decals during this process.
- Paint another layer of top coat on all of your nails if you feel it’s necessary, but only after the first layer of top coat has dried completely.
Gold-plating is usually used as party or costume jewelry. However, if you are unable to afford gold or gold-filled jewelry, there are several steps you can take to preserve your gold-plated jewelry.
1. Keep gold-plated jewelry away from hard surfaces. Bumps and scratches will cause the gold layer to wear away faster.
2. Store your gold-plated jewelry in a velvet lined jewelry box, or wrap it in a soft material that will prevent scratches.
3. Lightly wipe your gold-plated jewelry with a damp cotton cloth. This will help to eliminate any dirt or dust from accumulating on the surface and wearing away the gold layer.
3. Use a non-abrasive jewelry polishing cloth and gently rub the gold-plated jewelry to restore shine.
4. Take the gold-plated jewelry to a local jeweler where they can replace the gold layer. This may be necessary if the gold-plating has already started to wear off. Check with your local jeweler to see what they charge for this service.
With the changing trends, gold plated Jewelry has ruled the fashion industry. When today gold Jewelry is like a dream to afford and wear with rising prices, the gold plated Jewelry has opened up the options to wear the fabulous choice of jewelry with the marching outfits on special occasions.
If, you are out for Jewelry shopping, checking out gold plated Jewelry can prove to be wise move. Basically this type of Jewelry has got the silver base having a thin layer of gold polish on the surface and can be easily located for online shopping on internet.
Since the layer of gold polish is very thin, it has a tendency to get wear away with time even if one preserves it properly. The wearing process hardly takes any time. This type of Jewelry is also known as costume or party Jewelry, it is hardly used for regular use. But still care and proper precautions to keep it in a wearable state is important. So, here we have few steps mentioned that will guide you about the apt ways of caring for your gold plated jewelry.
Few of the crucial care tips for gold plated Jewelry advices to keep the Jewelry away from the getting in touch with hard surfaces. Make sure that it doesnt get the bumps or scratches that are highly prone to cause wearing away of the gold layer from its surface.
It is advised to store your gold plated Jewelry in a box having an inner velvet lining. Else than this, one can also keep safe such type of Jewelry in a soft cloth material. Always clean your ornament using a damp cotton cloth.
To restore the shine, use a non-abrasive Jewelry polishing. Once it gives signs of wearing away, take the jewelry ornaments to the local gold Jewelry and can handover the task of polishing after confirming the charges.
When it comes to Jewelry shopping, gold plated jewellery is easily available online. With few clicks you can trace all such sources. Online shopping has made it convenient for one to check out all the crucial details, designs and compare prices from the vast range of choices given.
State of Being
- With slight twists, descriptions of self can become costumes with strong pun potential. Wear all red and use paper or foam to construct red and orange flames to attach at various points. When asked “what are you?,” reply, “I’m hot!” Using cardboard boxes and a lamp shade (both painted green) add plastic limes to be “in the limelight.” Dress all in black and use old tires to form a costume. When asked, reply “I’m tired.”
- Twisting a meaning from the traditional can incorporate a pun into an inexpensive and simple costume. Turn a cardboard box into a safe and attach speakers to it to create a costume for “safe and sound.” Paint cardboard boxes to resemble an icy drink, then attach play money to create a “slush fund.” Wear a golf outfit and carry a beer bottle and a golf driver to represent “drunk driving.”
- Playing on similar words creates another type of simple and pun-oriented costume. Use a cardboard box decorated to look like a date in a day planner. Add pictures of goldfish, plastic goldfish or both to become “carp diem.” Create a beauty queen outfit with a formal dress and a tiara or crown. Add a sash that says “Miss U” and the meaning is obvious.
- Dress all in gold and use gold makeup on all exposed skin. Carry a shovel and become a “gold digger.” Cut slashes in some old cereal boxes and splatter them with fake blood. Attach to your outfit and splatter hands with fake blood and carry a knife to be a “cereal killer.” Wear all gray or silver and use silver makeup on all exposed skin. Wear work boots, a hard hat and work gloves to create a “steel worker.”
- Decide whether you want to run your online retail store through a drop ship company, which gives you access to a variety of fashions you can sell on your website, without holding an inventory, since the items ship from the drop ship company’s website. You could also opt to set up your online retail store through a third party, such as Etsy or eBay, which charge a fee per item posted or sold. Another option is to purchase clothing, at wholesale prices, directly from designers, or create your own clothing to sell.
- Create a customer profile to identify the major characteristics of your online retail store. These details will heavily depend on the types of clothing you plan to sell. It is important to know your target client’s average age, income level, marital status, educational level, interests, hobbies and lifestyle.
- Come up with a name for your online retail clothing store, based on the target market you plan to serve and the type of clothing you plan to sell.
- Check with local government offices about what sort of permits you may need. For instance, if you’re attempting to set up shop in Houston, Texas, you’ll need to file a “doing business as,” form with the Harris County Clerk’s Office. You also need to obtain a “Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit” from the comptroller’s office.
- Develop a list of goals for your online clothing store that will help you measure your success; revisit and revamp the goals at once or twice a year. Make sure your goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. An example of a goal for an online retail store might include generating $500 a month in sales, during the first quarter of business, and $1,500 a month in sales by the fourth quarter of sales.
- Hire a graphic designer to create a logo and website for your online retail store. The branding of the site should resonate with the target market you want to attract. Ensure that the website has shopping cart capabilities, which allow your customers to make purchases online, save their shopping carts, create wish lists, and use promotional codes and gift cards.
- Make a list of clothing brands that fit your target market. Visit the brands’ websites to find out how to become a retailer, attend apparel trade shows or go directly to the brands’ showrooms. These options will give you an opportunity to discuss their requirements, costs and the availability of their merchandise. Sign contracts with the retailers who are interested in letting you carry their brands in your online clothing store.
- Work with your website designer to upload pictures of the clothing you plan to sell on your site. Hire a copywriter to create vivid descriptions of each item, then assign prices.
- Come up with a marketing plan for your online retail clothing store. Some marketing tactics you may use to promote your clothing store may include issuing a press release, using social media to host a contest and advertise on fashion blogs your target market may frequent.
Silver, one of the most precious metals on earth, never ceases to fascinate with its beauty and brilliance. It is symbolic of classic simplicity. Silver is also versatile. Throughout history, it has been used for both aesthetic and functional purposes such as flatware, decorative art, coins, armor and jewelry. Silver, like the other precious metals such as gold, platinum, and titanium, are crafted into exquisite pieces of jewelry that is both beautiful and versatile. And since silver is the most common of all precious metals, it is also more affordable. Thus, silver jewelry is an outstanding choice for anyone who wants precious, beautiful yet relatively inexpensive jewelry. Sterling silver can be crafted into different jewelry pieces such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, pendants, charms and chains.
Silver comes in different types. Fine silver is silver in its natural state and is 99% pure. However, fine silver is too soft and is almost too liquid to be crafted into any product. Sterling silver, on the other hand is a mixture of fine silver and another metal alloy. Fine silver is combined with a metal such as copper to make jewelry that is more durable and long lasting. Sterling silver is 925 parts silver to 75 of copper. Jewelers create beautiful, shiny and brilliant pieces of sterling silver jewelry that is commonly mistaken for precious metals that are more expensive. Although sterling silver will likely tarnish because of the presence of other metals, they can easily be maintained in their excellent, shiny and attractive condition through regular cleaning and proper care.
Silver plating is an inexpensive and more durable alternative to sterling silver. In silver plating, a base metal is coated with a layer of pure silver. Because the amount of silver in the jewelry is lower, it is generally less expensive. However, silver plated jewelry will need a fresh coating of silver every few years to maintain its luster and to prevent the base metal from peeking through. Silver plated jewelry and other accoutrements are some of the most popular silver products as they are inexpensive and readily available. Other forms of silver include nickel silver, which is not silver but a combination of other metals that resemble silver.
Sterling silver jewelry is lustrous, reflective and elegant. However, since silver is softer than most precious metals, it is more prone to scratches, abrasions, dents and other damages. It can also tarnish over time due to chemical reactions. However, through proper car and maintenance measures, silver jewelry can be maintained in their attractive shiny and lustrous condition. Sterling silver should be regularly cleaned using a cleaner or a polishing solution at least once a month to maintain its sheen. Soft cloth must be used when cleaning silver jewelry to avoid scratches and other irreparable damages. Washing it with water and a mild detergent after it is worn is a simple and easy way to preserve the shine and luster of silver jewelry.
Elegant, simple and lustrous: silver is an exceptional choice for people who want sophisticated jewelry that is not as expensive as other precious metals. Sterling silver jewelry is the perfect accessory whatever the dress of choice of the wearer is. Silver is classic. It easily adapts to the changing fashion trends. With its simple, scintillating allure, sterling silver jewelry is one of the treasures you will cherish forever.
There are many kinds of jewelry beads, which you can add to your jewelry design. Based on size, shape, origin, etc jewelry beads were classified. The first step in making beaded Jewelry is to understand the types of beads. Here are top 5 china wholesale beads in 2011 which is mostly common used in recent years.
Metal beads are generally used as spacers to add a metallic shimmer and enhance the beauty of glass or semi-precious beads. Found in various intricate designs, sizes and shapes, metal beads add character to any piece of jewelry. Most commonly used metals include gold, silver, Indian brass, Bali or Thai silver, sterling silver, bronze, and platinum.
Acrylic Beads and resin beads, the two wholesale beads are also popular in recent years, one material. Because of its cheap, colors, styles, strong adaptability and other characteristics not easily damaged by many young MM sought after.This is also one of the recent material usage is high. Its bright color, size is more complete, the price is relatively low, but by the bead enthusiasts.
Stunning and elegant, crystal beads add a touch of spark and glamorous finish to jewelry. They are made by cutting leaded glass at multi-faceted angles to enhance the beauty of the jewelry. The finest crystal beads are found in a range of colors, sizes, and finishes.
Pandora beads first originated in Copenhagen, Denmark, and then spread over the world fast because of its magical beauty and grace. For people believe by wearing it, they can have good fortune. Like other jewelry items, Pandora beads are usually mixed and matched to create Pandora jewelry, which is basically charm beads jewelry to every one’s delight. Pandora jewelry is well known for their amazing designs and styles, and it’s also known for its magical charm to bring its wearer charisma. Just because Pandora jewelry this much personal and unique, it has become so popular that it has taken the jewelry making world by storm. The best choice for you is to buy them from china wholesale beads online store. Because many beads wholesale online stores can provide you a large selection. Making your own jewelry from know!
Summer is almost here & everyone’s ready to dress up to suit the hot weather. Doctors will start prescribing cool & light clothes that “breathe.” But what can you do about jewellery? Heavy jewellery may chaff & irritate. The sweat may dry & stick to the jewellery & in turn create unsightly rashes and even turn the skin black. Look out for lightweight silver jewellery that enables your skin to breathe. Sterling silver doesn’t react with sweat and remains looking sparkly even during the heat of the day. Just remember to wipe the jewellery with a soft damp cloth the moment you get home.Be patient and surf the internet relentlessly and you are sure to find what you need. Buy earrings online that are lightweight & give an airy appearance for a typical summer feel. These are cheap and affordable and last much longer than more expensive but ‘temple jewellery.
Also, remember that men too can buy lightweight sterling silver bracelets and rings for men. Buy essential jewellery in neutral rose gold shades or snow white sterling silver that matches all your clothes.Many sterling silver online silver jewellery boutiques are found on social media websites like Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. It’s easier for anyone who’s planning to revamp their jewellery during the summer months to find out all the latest products from their favourite jewellery boutique simply by following or like their social media identities.Sales are a great way of revamping your jewellery box & giving it a fresh new look. Those boring old chain, whether they’re gold or silver or plated chains- pour some excitement into your accessories with colored cubic zircons pendants and fashion rings. Not only do you get good quality of jewellery at half the cost, you also look like bought from the haute couture jewellery boutiques. This year’s motto is cooler tones and candy colours, so buy a few bright colored cubic zircons rings with amethyst, sapphire blue, emerald green and other brightly coloured stones are a great idea.
Make hay while the sun shines is a saying that describes an essential summer sale on fashion jewellery online india website like GemLN.in. Use these sales to save money, get some gorgeous pieces of jewellery that no one will believe aren’t diamonds & platinum. Wear your sterling silver jewellery studded with white or coloured zircons on holidays – they’re more glamorous & even if they’re misplaced or stolen – it’s not as heart breaking as losing gold or real diamond jewellery.Summer time is a great time to spend with friends making memories and getting to know new friends. Broaden your sense of fun and fashion – get your friends to go with you on a shopping spree, buy earrings online. This way you don’t exhaust yourselves & can still have house parties while staying safe. Make your own charm necklaces and silver bracelets with those quaint murano glass & Austrian glass crystals that we find on online silver jewellery boutiques. Look out for more summer sales.
- Purchase your Fimo nail designs online; there are several websites that sell this type of nail art. Some require you to slice the designs yourself, while others are pre-sliced for your convenience. The four-inch cane-slicing blade can be purchased from most craft retailers.
- Slice your Fimo designs with the cane-slicing blade, if you purchased the designs in roll form. Slice the roll as thin as possible, so the design does not extrude too far off your nail’s surface.
- Apply a layer of base coat nail polish to each of your fingernails. Make sure the coat is thin, so it won’t clump up.
- Affix the Fimo nail design to your fingernail carefully, pressing the design into the still-wet layer of nail polish. You might need to use tweezers for accuracy, as the Fimo nail designs are incredibly small.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 on the rest of your fingernails. Allow the designs to dry to the nail for about 60 seconds.
- Apply a thin layer of top coat over each of your fingernails to seal in the designs.